BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tot School-1

Thanks in large part to the wonderful introduction of workboxes to my older child Kaelyn, Anna and I have really been able to start to do some "structured" activities together! Anna is 18 months old and growing by leaps and bounds! Her vocabulary has taken a leap this past week with an increase in not only words (up and down used appropriately, off and on used appropriately, pink, blue, Kaelyn, etc) but also "sentences". She's started asking "Mama Elp" for Mom I need help, as well as using please and thank you to "get her way"

This week we...

Used a recycled egg carton to "sort" foam beads by color. Anna wasn't interested in any actual sorting, but we did talk about colors (she can now recognize Pink and sometimes blue) and had a lot of fun dumping them out and picking them back up. Fine motor skills right?
Played with "flash cards". Anna will point out the ones she knows and say "hat"  or "baby" or "loon" balloon, so I will pick up ones she doesn't know and tell her what it is. She loves the colors of the cards!
Painting with water, because Anna likes to eat things she shouldn't! I love these water reveal pictures! Anna also has black construction paper hanging on our easel with colored chalk that she has been drawing on all week!
Seuss story time! We read Green Eggs and Ham and Anna LOVED being able to say "no" with the main character to Sam. She also loved shaking her finger and saying Don't. It was a great way for her to get to use her voice!  (Yes, this is me bribing my 18 month old to sit for the ENTIRE Seuss story plus Cat and the Hat with popcorn! And it worked...I am not ashamed!)


An egg experiment that went with our Green Eggs and Ham day (which Anna thoroughly enjoyed!). Anna obviously didn't get any of the "science" but she did learn to say "bubbles" as well as feel the "jello" egg and the hard egg.


We had a pretty fun little tot week (these pictures were all from the same day, but we did these same activities multiple times throughout the week)! I can't wait to see what the other families have done for their tot school!

Tot School



4 comments:

Cate said...

I've been reading through your blog for the past half hour or so and I just wanted to tell you that I admire you so much! I don't think I could handle my husband's deployment with such grace. (My husband's a teacher, so he's not in danger of deploying...but I don't think I could do it!) You genuinely seem like a nice person and I'm interested to keep reading your blog!

Also: your daughters are adorable, and your laundry room makeover was fantastic.

Brandie said...

Thank you Cate. I'm bias and also think my girls rock! As for grace, that's an everyday process...some days are better than others! What does your husband teach?

Cate said...

High school English. :-)

Brandie said...

My favorite subject!