BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Anna Elizabeth!

 

Anna, IMG_1073

2 years! I can’t look at you now and imagine you, my chubby little toddler on the cusp of becoming a preschooler as the sweet baby full of  spunk despite being born 5 weeks early. You have grown from a tiny little curly haired quiet baby in your first few days of life to a child who has ALWAYS had a voice that was meant to be heard. I admire you ability to stand up for yourself, perhaps it has something to do with being the second child, but I have never had to worry that you were being left out or mistreated…you would have let me know.

    You have a smile and a personality that can charm even the coldest heart or soothe even the most frustrated Mom. You are definitely your own person, and very different from your sister. I love that! I love how you can smile and just brighten my day, how you are so quick to give a hug or a kiss, how you love your little brother just a little too much and how you can annoy your sister with just a look.

Unlike your sister, you are not interested in coloring (although you no longer eat the crayons or markers which is a HUGE step in the right direction).

But you talk so much better than she did a this age! Matter of fact, you amaze me with your understanding of language and the way the world works!

You are counting, jumping, climbing, running and riding your bike like you wouldn’t believe.

You are such an inquisitive creature, now I just have to harness that tendency in the right direction!

 

Anna, I am so blessed to be your mother and I can’t wait to see what person you become.

I love you baby (sorry this is so late in being posted)

3 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

happy birthday!!! Hope it was a wonderful fun day!!!

Leslie said...

I don't know that I ever knew Anna's middle name was Elizabeth. You know my sweet cousin, Anna, who passed away? Her twin (who died when they were just a few days old) was named Elizabeth. :)

Brandie said...

Leslie---
I did know that Anna had a twin, but it wasn't until my Anna was a few months old that I ran into Nan and Laura Kate at Target and she asked me if my Anna was named after hers and I told her that it was very indirectly, but that part of the reason why I loved the name Anna was because when I thought of it I thought of her Anna and her zeal for life. Elizabeth just fit with Anna...and that was when Nan told me about her Elizabeth as well. Anna had mentioned being a twin but had never revealed her name.